Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Skincare Tips :)

Hello! I was feeling random so I decided to do a post on skincare tips and stuff ^^v Okay, well first, everyone has different skin types. I having oily skin mostly on my T-zone area, so it's really difficult to prevent/hide spots completely. But for me, I can have clear skin by using the following products. :)



Firstly, I use a scrub to get rid of dead skin cells cos' my pores clog easily. I use One Smooth Operator: Pore Clearing Face Scrub from Formula 10.0.6 because it's really works for my skin. For my skin, I constantly have to change anti-acne products because after time, my skin seems to 'get used' to the product and it's not effective any-more. But with this, I've been using it for some time and it's still effective :D It really scrubs out the dead skin cells while removing oil and dirt at the same time. I use this in the morning and when needed. Got this from Watsons.



Next, I use a mud mask once or twice a week. I really like Pores be Pure: Skin Clarifying Mud Mask also from Formula 10.0.6. It's as effective as their scrub. It works on my skin and is still effective on my skin over time. Got this from Watsons.



Thirdly, I use a cleanser. Currently, I'm using Deep Action Daily Pore Cleanser from Clean and Clear, but I do use other brands as I need to change product regularly. I use a cleanser to get rid of dirt and oil, like when I come home from school or a day out. It has to be gentle on my skin yet effective. Some of my more favourite brands include Nivea, L'Oreal, and Sebamed, so I usually switch between these, although I do experiment with other brands. Got this from Wastons.








Next, I use Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 anti ageing cream. I know ageing isn't really a problem for me since I'm still a teen, but I use it for it's other properties, like preventing dark spots as well as moisturising the skin. It also has sun block properties with a SPF of 15. I use it as a moisturiser and apply it before I go to bed as well. Available at Cold Storage (not so sure about other super markets), Watsons and Guardian.



I use face masks once a week (or so :P) but I don't really use a certain brand. But lately, I've been using Guardian face masks. :D I know most people think house brands aren't really good, but I find this just as good as any other brand. It really moisturises my skin, at the same time relaxing the skin after a hectic week of studying and revision. Different 'ingredients' used have different properties, like Lavender 'rejuvenates skin, while leaving it soothed and relaxed', Chamomile is 'formulated for delicate skin' and 'calms and soothes skin discomfort due to dehydration, leaving skin looking soft and refreshed', and Pomegranate 'replenishes skin moisture and helps to prevent appearance of premature skin ageing'. In fact, I'm using one now! It's really effective and cheap! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment