Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Haul and Review: UBU Makeup Brushes



Okay, so I got these at the Watsons sale at the start of June. The purple coloured range is $6.20 each (I think) and are for the eyes. The pink coloured range is $10.20 each (again, I think so) and are for the face. But I got them at a 20% offer, so yeah.. Anyway, I have:

  • Berry Blush: Angled Blusher Brush
  • 2 Shady Lady: Eye shadow Brush
  • Luxury Liner: Eye liner Brush
  • Drama Queen: Eye Defining Brush
Initially, I bought 1 Shady Lady: Eyeshadow Brush and I thought it was pretty good, so I decided to get more, including another one of it, since I have a lot of eyeshadow ^^ I think it's pretty good for the price it's worth. I had some makeup brushes from Sephora, which is, as expected, pretty pricey.. I thought this was a value for money cos' I was on a budget. Original price for all was $35, with the sale it was $28. In Sephora, that's the price for one brush (for certain brands), so it was like a steal for me. Anyway, this brushes are just like any other brush. I like them all except the luxury liner one. When I apply gel liner, I usually use an angled brush, so I don't have much experience with proper eye liner brushes. Although, even with little experience, I can tell that this eye liner brush isn't very good. I've used an eye liner brush before, and it was pretty good, it's just that I was more used to using an angled bush. But still, I don't really like their eye liner brush. Another brush I don't like as much as the others is the Angled Blusher Brush. Not that anything is wrong with their blusher brush, it's just that for me, I prefer using the applicator that came along with the blusher. I don't really like this brush cos' it's bristle are kinda stiff. I prefer blusher brushes to have a softer bristle, like the ones the came with the blusher. I find that stiff bristles can poke my skin and cos' it to be irritated and ends up with me scratching my face, not only ruining my makeup but also cos' my skin to be even more irritated. That's why I prefer softer bristles. ^^ But I really really like their eye shadow brushes! That's why I bought another one of the 'Shady Lady: Eye Shadow Brush'! I personally prefer using brushes than eye shadow applicators given with the eye shadow palette. So if you're looking for cheap make brushes, get the eye shadow brushes. If you like stiff bristles then you should get the Angled Blusher Brush. As for an eye liner brush, I would rather spend more money in another brush from Sephora that I'm comfortable with using than save money by getting a brush that I don't like. But it's all up to your personal preference. If you're fine with their eye liner brush, then you should it. Their brushes are a value for money and you can use the savings to buy more makeup! :P  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment